Sunday, April 9, 2017

Show Me the End of My Life


We are praying we will soon be able to move into the 59th Street duplex in Milwaukee for the next step of our journey to life's end. Psalm 39:4 was in my Psalm Prayers today. "Show me, Lord, my life’s end and the number of my days." (NIV). I met one of the neighbors yesterday who asked how long we planned to be there, and I said, "for the rest of our lives." I do not see this as morbid at all but full of joy knowing that the Lord has brought us to this place for this important conclusion of our journey. At 70 year old, I am very aware that my Dad, who lived to be 83, is the only male I know of to whom I have a genetic connection to live past 70. I remember my Dad considered that he received the gift of a 13 year bonus. All else being equal, I am projecting the possibility of 15 more years for me, in which caring for Candy is the highest priority. We are still in transition, but the picture of our "lives' ends" is coming into focus. Rachel and David have been getting their unit ready to move in next week, and that have given us a vision of what ours will be soon in this place God has provided along with Rachel and David, Sam and Elizabeth.. I am well aware the countdown is on for me, not with regret but anticipation of what God has in store for us and what we will be able to do in this window.

No comments: