Wednesday, February 10, 2021

That’s the Way to Go!

Now that I’ve got my lectio divina attention focused on Jesus’ transfiguration, I have been thinking about Moses and Elijah as the ones to meet Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration. Yes, of course, the Law and the Prophets. As I reflected on this I considered that they both departed this life at God’s direct intervention, perhaps akin in some way to Jesus’ ascension. Then I remembered Enoch who was noted for not dying conventionally. I haven’t proposed any hypothesis about the significance of this. Maybe that will come through the week, or maybe it is just my curiosity and of no great significance.

Genesis 5:24 Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him.

 Deuteronomy 34:5-6 Then Moses, the servant of the Lord, died there in the land of Moab, at the Lord’s command. He was buried in a valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth-peor, but no one knows his burial place to this day.

 2 Kings 2:11 As they continued walking and talking, a chariot of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them, and Elijah ascended in a whirlwind into heaven.

 

No comments: