Saturday, September 8, 2018

In Exile Seeking the Welfare Here


Having been of Anabaptist conviction my entire adult life, I give my sole and ultimate loyalty and allegiance only to Jesus and the Kingdom of God he proclaimed, considering that my true citizenship. In the spirit of Jeremiah 29.7, I seek the welfare of the country where God has placed me, as if in exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf. Taking my cue from Jesus and the Hebrew Prophets, I seek to advocate and work for justice and compassion for the poor, the weak, the widows, the orphans, the strangers and foreigners. With hope in God, I trust that in the welfare of whatever country we who follow Jesus find ourselves, we will find our welfare and witness the spread throughout the world of the Kingdom Jesus proclaimed, even though often hidden.

No comments: